Kate
I'm close to finishing my first pair of longies for Alex...one thing that is anadvantage to knitting your own baby trousers is that you an make them as long as you want. I breed short legged babies so this is a good thing, as trousers are usually way too long on them. I've got one leg done and started on the other so if I really got on with it I should defintiely have it done this week for sure. I've leant loads from doing this pattern, how to do eyelets for a drawstring, how to do short rows for bum room, how to do kitchener stitch for grafting (although I'd probably still have to look at the youtube video for next time), how to knit on circular needles and how to knit on double-pointed needles. I already have yarn for another pair to do after. I also want to knit myself some handwarmers for next winter sometime too, maybe in a fancy stitch. And in purple.

Photos to come on the longies once they're finished!
0 Responses